Dental implants provide many benefits over traditional tooth replacement options; rather than resting above the gums like most prosthetic options, dental implants protect your overall oral health by preventing dental shifting and bone loss. Here are just a few of the reasons you should consider dental implants for your tooth replacement needs:
- Dental implants allow you to enjoy your favorite foods without worry. The secure, permanent hold between the titanium implant and your jaw bone functions just like your natural tooth root, allowing you to eat the foods that you enjoy.
- Your dental implants will look beautiful and natural. Whether you replace one or all of your teeth using dental implants, you will be able to smile confidently knowing that your new teeth look beautiful and natural.
- Dental implants are a highly versatile tool. Whether you want to replace one tooth or many, dental implants can support a variety of different prosthetic attachments to fit your needs. Dental implants can also be used to anchor temporary dentures or orthodontic tools.
- Dental implants preserve the health and appearance of your mouth. When you have missing teeth, the bone beneath your gums can start to recede, causing your mouth and lips to look more sunken in. Extensive bone loss can cause oral health complications, but dental implants naturally stimulate the bone around the teeth, just like your natural tooth’s root would. This stimulation preserves the structure of your oral and facial bones. Additionally, dental implants prevent dental shifting and other problems associated with missing teeth.
X-Guide™ Dynamic 3D Navigation for Precision Implant Surgery
As part of Siouxland Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery’s commitment to providing the highest level of treatment using the most advanced techniques and tools, our oral surgeons utilize a cutting-edge surgical technology called the X-Guide system for precision dental implant placement. The X-Guide system is the most advanced dental implant technology available today and expands your oral surgeon’s control over the entire implant process by utilizing the capabilities of cone beam 3D imaging (a special type of X-ray) for a comprehensive digital surgical plan, along with powerful navigation software for optimal placement of your implants. What’s more is with the enhanced efficiency offered by this cutting-edge digital system, patients can receive their surgical treatment plan and have their implant procedure on the same day.
During your implant placement procedure, your oral surgeon will use X-Guide software and live 3D views of your anatomy to navigate the delicate structures in your mouth with maximum accuracy — much like a GPS roadmap leading him along the road of your treatment. With the optimal implant location identified, patients experience a minimally invasive procedure and the safest and most aesthetically pleasing implant placement possible.
X-Guide’s powerful guidance system offers our patients the following benefits:
- Optimal implant placement for less post-operative discomfort
- Faster healing times
- The finest functional and aesthetic dental implant results possible today
Our trusted oral surgeons, Drs. Miller and George, have years of experience in dental implant surgery and are highly skilled at utilizing X-Guide technology for dental implant placement. During your consultation appointment, your oral surgeon will be happy to answer any questions you may have about the X-Guide system and how it can benefit your specific case.
X-Guide in Sioux Falls, Mitchell, Brookings, and Yankton, SD
If you are interested in learning more about how oral surgery with X-Guide navigation benefits your dental implant experience at our practice, we encourage you to contact Siouxland Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery to schedule a consultation with one of our skilled surgeons at one of our four convenient locations. Our knowledgeable administrative and surgical staff members are at-the-ready to answer your questions. We look forward to offering you the very best oral surgery care with results that will exceed your expectations.
We offer dental implant solutions at Siouxland Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery.
While dental implants offer many benefits, they may not be the right tooth replacement solution for everyone. Some patients may require bone grafting or other procedures before having dental implants placed. A consultation with an experienced oral surgeon is the only way to know for sure whether or not dental implants are right for you. Contact one of our offices to find out more about dental implants or schedule a consultation.