The team at Siouxland Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery feels very fortunate to be able to practice in the four wonderful communities of Sioux Falls, Mitchell, Yankton, and Brookings. We treat our patients like family, and we truly wouldn’t be the successful practice that we are without them. To give back to these communities, we are always looking for ways to get involved, whether it be through volunteering, sponsorships, or simple donations. We love being able to help out as many local organizations as possible to improve our community in the same way we improve our patients’ lives. A list of the organizations we are involved with include
- El Riad Shriners: The Shriners are an international fraternity dedicated to providing philanthropic support to Shriners Hospitals for Children®. They value fellowship, fun, and the Masonic principles of relief, truth, and brotherly love.
- South Dakota Symphony: The South Dakota Symphony’s mission is “to celebrate the tradition of live orchestral music and enrich the lives of people throughout our region” with their concerts, tours, and various community programs.
- South Dakota Humane Society: The South Dakota Humane Society provides animals in need with shelter, food, and medical care. With donations, they can save and care for thousands of homeless animals every year.
- The Compass Center: The Compass Center focuses on providing services to those affected by sexual assault, stalking, and domestic violence. They provide crisis intervention, advocacy, counseling, and prevention education service.
- McCrossan Boys Ranch: The McCrossan Boys Ranch dedicates their time to helping boys between the ages of nine and 20 who have experienced or lived troubled lives. They provide the boys with one-on-one counseling and specialized education to help prepare them for a more balanced future.
- Pilots N Paws: Pilots N Paws serves to help volunteers in the animal community link up with volunteer pilots and plane owners who are willing to help transport animals. Their organization site acts as a discussion board to facilitate rescue and transport flights.
- South Dakota Donated Dental Program: For older citizens who cannot afford dental services or are not covered by Medicare, the South Dakota Donate Dental Program provides them with dental care free of charge. Dentists volunteer their time, offices, and services to help.
- Sanford Children’s Hospital: “Sanford Children’s Castle of Care Hospital in Sioux Falls is a vibrant, colorful world where sick and injured children find inspiration, imagination, and play to be as important to healing as our leading technology, breakthrough research, and advanced medicine.”
- South Dakota Renegades Softball: The South Dakota Renegades are a competitive and nationally recognized fastpitch team dedicated to developing confident and athletic softball players. As members of the Renegades team, the girls learn about the importance of service by helping younger players with their game.
- Sioux Falls Stampede Hockey: The Sioux Falls Stampede is a hockey team in Sioux Falls. Outside of practice and games, the Stampede Organization also provides donations to the community and, through the Stampede Foundation for Kids, offers financial support to help local youth.
- Great Plains Zoo: The Great Plains Zoo is home to more than 1,000 animals from around the world, and they are focused on both conserving animals as well as educating the community with hands-on programs.
- The Union Gospel Mission: The Mission serves men, women, and children of all ages and races. They are proud to provide faith and support to the local community.
If you are interested in working with our practice to promote community involvement, we encourage you to contact our office to discuss potential opportunities. We look forward to partnering with you.